WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 5 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#14492 closed defect (bug) (invalid)

Font doesn't show correctly in 3.0.1

Reported by: uaktags Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: critical Version:
Component: General Keywords:
Focuses: Cc:

Description

I've been using Wordpress since 2.x series and never really had a problem (except with BPress but thats a different story). Yesterday i recieved the notification of the 3.0.1 upgrade, so i updated. Soon after I realized that everything went completely wrong, even though the upgrade was successful. As the pictures I'm going to attach show, my AdminPanel and my blog itself are affected now. The AdminPanel doesn't show all text, text in buttons, or text/tabs aren't functional, etc. And my blog just doesn't show the text at all, yet if you check the HTML Output Source it'll show that the text is there, its just not visible. Everything was fine in v3.0.0 and only after upgrading to 3.0.1. I've done everything I could think of like deactivating plugins, reinstalling 3.0.1, and changing my themes. Changing to the Core bundled themes, ends up showing the text on the blog, but doesn't fix the Admin issue. Changing themes should NOT be the answer to this issue with only a revision update.

Attachments (2)

admin.png (233.4 KB) - added by uaktags 5 years ago.
main [800x600].png (166.6 KB) - added by uaktags 5 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

@uaktags5 years ago

@uaktags5 years ago

comment:1 @demetris5 years ago

  • Cc dkikizas@… added
  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

I cannot replicate this.

Also, by looking at the reporter’s site, I see that the problem has been solved.

Closing as invalid.

comment:2 @uaktags5 years ago

  • Resolution invalid deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

I can replicate this on my personal computers every time, but viewing from my work computer, everything looks okay.
Current Computer specs:
Windows 7 x64
Google Chrome 5.0.375

Computer that Works:
Windows XP
IE8

I'm guessing it may be a Google Chrome rendering issue, but has never been an issue until 3.0.1.

comment:3 @demetris5 years ago

Still cannot replicate.

Tested with several browsers on several operating systems, including Windows + Chrome:

  • Windows 7 Pro 32-bit + Chrome 5.0.375.125 beta
  • Windows XP Prο SP3 + Chrome 6.0.472.14

comment:4 @nacin4 years ago

  • Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

This is likely a plugin or theme conflict.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.