Warn after theme activation if wp_head/footer is missing
|Reported by:||nacin||Owned by:|
After theme activation, we can reliably test for wp_head() and wp_footer() with an HTTP call to the front page.
We should do that and check for two things:
- That wp_head() and wp_footer() are present in the theme.
- That they are in the correct location, immediately before </head> and </body>.
Then throw a warning that the theme may not function properly (with a link to a Codex page?) because it is not using the API correctly.
Is this core material?
Change History (10)
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed