Install page not redirecting to wp-admin/ on IIS6
|Reported by:||knutsp||Owned by:|
Steps to reproduce:
- Download and extract to Windows Server 2003 with IIS6 (fast-cgi, PHP 5.3.3)
- Create a wp-config.php file pointing to an empty database or any database with no tables matching the selected prefix.
- Create a new virtual directory on IIS site example.com named myblog, pointing to the newly created wordpress directory, hence accessible as URL http://example.com/myblog/[[BR]]
- Point your browser to this (root) URL (you will not be redirected), and the WordPress install page (step 1) will appear
- Fill out the form and hit Install WordPress
- Tthe browser will show URL http://example.com/myblog/install.php?step=2 and status 404 Not found is shown.
I think that the error is in step 4. You should be redirected to http://example.com/myblog/wp-admin/install.php
If you in step 4 direct yout browser to http://example.com/myblog/wp-admin/ the installation will go on without this error.
Tested with Firefox and Chrome. Works fine on IIS7.