After automatic upgrade, post-meta "enclosure" no longer being saved.
|Reported by:||jonathansampson||Owned by:|
After doing an automatic upgrade from 2.9.1 to 3.0.1, users will find that editing any published post will result in the loss of all custom field data for that particular post. Confirmed on Ubuntu and Windows. Problem persists in absence of all plugins.
- Download and install WordPress 2.9.1 with fresh db schema.
- Edit default post to add new custom field enclosure => somevalue.
- Update default post, and confirm continued existence of custom field.
- Perform automatic update to WordPress 3.0.1.
- Open default post for editing, make no changes, press "update."
- Navigate back to posts page, and re-open default post again - custom field has been deleted.
Change History (4)
- Cc eric@… added
- Component changed from General to Upgrade/Install
- Keywords dev-feedback added; custom values meta removed
- Severity changed from major to normal
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from After automatic upgrade, post-meta no longer being saved. to After automatic upgrade, post-meta "enclosure" no longer being saved.