Preview oEmbed results when using the media modal to insert from URL
|Reported by:||filosofo||Owned by:|
If you insert a video URL via the "Add media file from URL" popup, it should do the following:
- Determine whether the URL is oEmbed-able, and if so, insert the appropriate shortcode into the post.
- Create a corresponding attachment with something indicating that it's a video in the post_mime_type field (even though we're not really dealing with true MIME types). That way, we can query video attachments, agnostic of where the actual video file exists.
Change History (40)
comment:1 @jtsternberg — 3 years ago
- Cc justin@… added
comment:10 in reply to: ↑ 7 @jtsternberg — 3 years ago
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
comment:14 @helen — 2 years ago
- Summary changed from Better Remote Video Insert to Preview oEmbed results when using the media modal to insert from URL
- Owner filosofo deleted
- Status changed from new to assigned
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.