XMLRPC should use category ids instead of names
|Reported by:||koke||Owned by:||ericmann|
|Component:||XML-RPC||Keywords:||has-patch needs-testing mobile|
You can have categories with the same name at different points in the hierarchy.
Right now, metaWeblog.getPost, metaWeblog.getRecentPosts, and metaWeblog.newPost at least return/take an array of category names.
Names are probably more useful in most of the cases, but not being able to use the ids can lead into trouble
Change History (11)
- Component changed from General to XML-RPC
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added
- Owner set to ericmann
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release