WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Changes between Version 1 and Version 2 of Ticket #16101, comment 5


Ignore:
Timestamp:
11/10/2020 04:15:04 PM (11 months ago)
Author:
iandunn
Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #16101, comment 5

    v1 v2  
    1 This just bit me in the ass, because I took the term_id from get_terms() and passed it to get_term_link() as $term. get_term_link() assumed that $term was a slug because it failed is_int(), and since there's no term named "237", it returned a WP_Error().
     1I just ran into this, because I took the term_id from get_terms() and passed it to get_term_link() as $term. get_term_link() assumed that $term was a slug because it failed is_int(), and since there's no term named "237", it returned a WP_Error().
    22
    33It seems to me like casting the values to int in get_term*() is the proper fix, even if it requires patching/testing XML-RPC code. If there's a consensus behind that approach, I'll try to find time to write and test a new patch over the next couple weeks.