WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#16161 closed defect (bug) (invalid)

Brackets issue (CSS RTL)

Reported by: rasheed Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version: 3.1
Component: RTL Keywords:
Focuses: Cc:

Description

Snapshot: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/84/60678114.gif

Location: Dashboard where used Storage Space percentage appears.

I think (direction:ltr;) should be added to:

#dashboard_right_now table tr.first td {

border-top: medium none;

}

It will move the brackets to it's right place.

Attachments (2)

16161.patch (438 bytes) - added by SergeyBiryukov 3 years ago.
16161.2.patch (1.2 KB) - added by SergeyBiryukov 3 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (12)

SergeyBiryukov3 years ago

comment:1 SergeyBiryukov3 years ago

  • Keywords has-patch added; rtl css removed

comment:2 follow-up: ocean903 years ago

  • Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed

.musubtable is Multisite. Should be placed in ms-rtl.css.

comment:3 ryan3 years ago

  • Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.1

comment:4 follow-up: rasheed3 years ago

Same problem with brackets while updating plugins or themes.

Snapshot: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1589/43817565.jpg

SergeyBiryukov3 years ago

comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 2 SergeyBiryukov3 years ago

Replying to ocean90:

.musubtable is Multisite. Should be placed in ms-rtl.css.

Done.

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 4 SergeyBiryukov3 years ago

Replying to rasheed:

Same problem with brackets while updating plugins or themes.

That part of the header doesn't have a separate class, so I'm not sure how to fix this without changing or splitting the string. Let's do this early in 3.2?

comment:7 follow-up: SergeyBiryukov3 years ago

I've just tried and it seems to be working if I change the translation to this:

جاري تحديث الإضافة %1$s <span dir="ltr">(%2$d/%3$d)</span>

Perhaps that can be a workaround.

Last edited 3 years ago by SergeyBiryukov (previous) (diff)

comment:8 SergeyBiryukov3 years ago

  • Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed

comment:9 in reply to: ↑ 7 rasheed3 years ago

Replying to SergeyBiryukov:

I've just tried and it seems to be working if I change the translation to this:

جاري تحديث الإضافة %1$s <span dir="ltr">(%2$d/%3$d)</span>

Perhaps that can be a workaround.

Yes it works.

comment:10 yoavf3 years ago

  • Keywords has-patch removed
  • Milestone 3.1 deleted
  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

This is how it is translated in hebrew

<a href=\"%1$s\" title=\"ניהול קבצים\" class=\"musublink\">%2$sMB&rlm; (%3$s%%)</a>

@rasheed - Note the &rlm; entity - this should solve your problem.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.