FORCE_ADMIN_SSL broken if site runs on port different from 80
|Reported by:||yoush||Owned by:||johnbillion|
|Component:||Bootstrap/Load||Keywords:||has-patch needs-unit-tests needs-testing needs-refresh https|
I'm running a wordpress site (http://yoush.homelinux.org:8079/) hosted at my home server. Unfortunately mu ISP blocks incoming connections on port 80, so I have to use non-standard port.
With unmodified wordpress 3.0.4, I was unable to use FORCE_ADMIN_SSL, because it caused URLs starting with
to be converted to
Which is definitly broken since it is impossible to serve both http and https on the same port.
To fix this, I propose removing ':port' from URL when converting http url to https.
I've created a patch for this, that seems to work for me on my site.
Change History (12)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
17 months ago
- Keywords needs-unit-tests needs-testing added; needs-refresh removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to Awaiting Review
- Owner set to johnbillion
- Status changed from new to reviewing
- Version changed from 3.0.4 to 2.6