Settings -> Privacy "block search engines" option is not accurate
|Reported by:||designsimply||Owned by:||westi|
|Component:||Administration||Keywords:||has-patch ux-feedback dev-feedback|
There is an option on the Settings -> Privacy page says it will "block search engines", but that does not always happen because checking the option does not block posts already established in the search engine. Proposing updating the language so it's more accurate.
"I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors"
"I would like to ask search engines not to index this site, but allow normal visitors"
Change History (78)
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Keywords 3.2-early added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Owner set to westi
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:17 @scribu — 4 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch ux-feedback 3.2-early removed
comment:30 follow-up: ↓ 31 @nacin — 3 years ago
- Keywords has-patch ux-feedback added; needs-patch removed