Missing quotes in DB_NAME on installation
|Reported by:||beadon||Owned by:|
A fresh installation of the database creates the file "wp-config.php". This sets the MYSQL hostname. When entering the proper information from the 5-minute installation into the MYSQL hostname field, this is incorrectly saved to the "wp-config.php" file *without* quotes around the host if the hostname is something other than localhost.
This makes installation problematic for users for which MySQL is not residing on the same host as their web server. Specifically 1&1 users experience this issue. This appears in the latest SVN pull.
see line 220 - 229 on /wp-admin/setup-config.php
Change History (12)
- Summary changed from Fresh installation to Missing quotes in DB_NAME on installation
2 years ago
- Keywords has-patch removed
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version changed from 3.0.4 to 2.3