wp_set_object_terms not creating links when in a save_post action
|Reported by:||grandslambert||Owned by:|
I have a custom post type and a custom taxonomy for a recipe plugin. The edit page for the post type has a meta box where ingredients are added, and the ingredient name is the custom taxonomy. I have a hook into the 'save_post' action that then calls a function to save the ingredients. Within that function is code to loop through and either match an existing term, or create a new term in the taxonomy. This part works without a problem. While doing this, I create an array of data related to the term to use in wp_set_object_terms().
I then call:
wp_set_object_terms($post_id, $postIngredients, 'recipe-ingredient', false);
where $post_id is the ID of the post, and $postIngredients is the data I collected earlier. I have tried an array of term IDs, names, and slugs, all with the same result. Even though wp_set_object_terms() returns a list of "affected" IDs, the data does not appear to be saved. When I go back to the edit screen for that post, it does not show an updated list of ingredients.
The code is included in the RecipePress plugin and appears in the /classes/recipe-press-core.php file.
I also have an importer and front end form that uses the same function to save the ingredients. Both of these do exactly what they are supposed to do. It just does not work when the function is called from the 'save_post" action.
Change History (5)
comment:4 @grandslambert — 5 years ago
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed