AdminMenu rendering code chokes on uppercase
|Reported by:||jltallon||Owned by:|
When registering custom taxonomies for a custom post type, if the post type name contains uppercase letters, the menu items for the custom taxonomies are not shown.
It looks like the post type name is lowercased in some parts of the core code (but no all) and so string comparisons fail.
Just isolated this behaviour, so I'm still not sure how much of the core this affects.
Moreover, when I saved posts with the intended mixed-case name, they have been saved to the DB with lowercased post_type
It it is indeed the intended behaviour, a note should be added to the Codex:
"Custom Post Type names must be lowercase"
The attached sample (real) code reproduces the problem by setting "post_type_tag" to "DomainName" instead of "domain_name". Numbers work properly, however.
Tested with latest SVN (RC4 + r17467)
Change History (19)
- Keywords dev-feedback removed
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Severity changed from major to minor
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:13 follow-up: ↓ 14 @c3mdigital — 19 months ago
- Keywords close added; needs-codex removed
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from reopened to closed