sanitize_title calls remove_accents before applying filters
|Reported by:||texttheater||Owned by:|
As of r15929, sanitize_title in formatting.php calls remove_accents directly. remove_accents used to be called in sanitize_title_with_dashes, which in turn is one of the default filters applied in sanitize_title. The change takes away the possibility for plugins to change the title using a filter before accents are removed, or to avoid removing accents altogether.
One of the plugins broken by the change is my German Slugs.
- #9591, where the change originated
- #15248, where unsalkorkmaz has a similar complaint that could at least have been worked around before the change, now there seems to be no chance to do so using the plugin API
- #9492, where the deeper issue with WordPress indiscriminately removing diacritics (that's right, not all diacritics are mere accents, remove_accents is a misnomer) is addressed. With that I think one can live – as long as it remains possible to fix it via the plugin API.
Change History (12)
- Cc info@… added
- Keywords close added
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
- Keywords close removed
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from reopened to closed