Member profile management (WP vs BP)
|Reported by:||youngmicroserf||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by scribu)
One thing that continuously bugs me in WP is the user management/profile fields, particularly with BP added.
A lot has been done in the past releases, but there is apparently still no easy way to quickly customize user profiles and signup forms accordingly beyond the contact methods (without a plugin).
Also, the parallel existence of WP profiles and the BuddyPress X-profiles seems redundant and is confusing, in my opinion. User management/Profiles as such aren't only a feature of a social layer. I believe this should be a core feature, not a plugin-feature...
Change History (9)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
- Type changed from enhancement to feature request
- Summary changed from Member profile management (WP vs BP) to Frontend user profile editing
comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 2 @youngmicroserf — 4 years ago
- Summary changed from Frontend user profile editing to Member profile management (WP vs BP)
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone set to Future Release
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:8 @chriscct7 — 10 months ago
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from reopened to closed