WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#16960 closed defect (bug) (duplicate)

Problems with plugin readme.txt and update date

Reported by: oferwald Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version:
Component: WordPress.org site Keywords:
Focuses: Cc:

Description

Hello,

Looking at my plugin page on wordpress.org, I see that the readme.txt information has not been updated, (The changelog is from an older version)

Further more, the last updated date shows the date of three versions before (1-11) while it has been updated today (and twice more since that date)

Take a look at
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/transposh-translation-filter-for-wordpress/changelog/

Thanks in advance, if this is not the correct place to report, I would appreciate a nod towards the right place.

Change History (8)

comment:1 @duck_4 years ago

  • Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
  • Resolution set to duplicate
  • Status changed from new to closed

Try bumping the readme.txt in trunk by adding some trailing whitespace.

#16522, #15794

The number of times this is being reported recently suggests that there has been some change in how the repo updates.

comment:2 @hakre4 years ago

Maybe it makes sense that in the plugin admin an author can request a refresh.

Often you do a commit and then you need to wait and you have no control / status and can only wait until changes get applied.

comment:3 follow-up: @oferwald4 years ago

Ok, added whitespace and the description got updated, however the updated date is still wrong and is dating three versions back

comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 3 @hakre4 years ago

Replying to oferwald:

Ok, added whitespace and the description got updated, however the updated date is still wrong and is dating three versions back

Re-tag the whole plugin in both the .php, the readme and the SVN tags. That should refresh.

comment:5 follow-up: @oferwald4 years ago

Hello Hakre,

Sorry, don't get it, re-tag it where? that is really what I am doing when having a new version, changes to the readme.txt didn't help.

And I assume it is a bug in wp.org, so it should probably be solved somehow (or somewhere)

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 @hakre4 years ago

Replying to oferwald:

Sorry, don't get it, re-tag it where?

svn tag

And I assume it is a bug in wp.org, so it should probably be solved somehow (or somewhere)

I was just offering some feedback because I thought it is helpful but I didn't wanted to say that there is no space for improvements with the related processes on wp.org. See #16522

Last edited 4 years ago by hakre (previous) (diff)

comment:7 follow-up: @oferwald4 years ago

  • Resolution duplicate deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

Hello there, last updated date for me is still in the past (January) I have recently released a new version, and still nothing, bug 16522 is now closed, but this is not working yet, so the duplicate marking is irrelevant.

just check:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/transposh-translation-filter-for-wordpress
date is stuck in January but the recent version released two days ago

and yes, I did add whitespace to the readme.txt in the past, no, it didn't work.

I have been using the same script to release versions for over a year now. which is basically svn checkin to the trunk followed by a svn copy to the tag.

Thanks for your help

comment:8 in reply to: ↑ 7 @SergeyBiryukov4 years ago

  • Resolution set to duplicate
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

Replying to oferwald:

Hello there, last updated date for me is still in the past (January)

Currently it shows 2011-06-22. However the plugin was updated on 2011-08-02, so looks like there's some kind of a lag.

Anyway, it's still a duplicate of #16522, so it's better to continue the discussion there.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.