New theme for 3.next -- Twenty Eleven
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by lancewillett)
It's been a few years since we did this (#9015) but let's track the effort for the Twenty Eleven theme, hopefully making 3.2, here.
Main goals besides what we've already done in Twenty Ten:
- To be different from Twenty Ten, aesthetically.
- Is a good showcase of WP's headline features.
- Clean, fast to load, and with best-practice markup.
Nice to have, but optional, improvements:
- Ability to have random rotating headers. (Core improvement to custom header functionality, see #17240.)
- Color and layout options.
- More post formats. (Currently supports Asides, Links, and Galleries.)
- CMS-style slider home page option.
Some people will prefer the design of Twenty Ten, which is still excellent, over Twenty Eleven, but that's okay. We'll have something new next year.
Change History (132)
comment:53 follow-up: ↓ 55 @lancewillett — 4 years ago
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from New theme for 3.next -- TwentyEleven to New theme for 3.next -- Twenty Eleven