New theme for 3.next -- Twenty Eleven — at Version 53
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by lancewillett)
It's been a few years since we did this (#9015) but let's track the effort for the Twenty Eleven theme, hopefully making 3.2, here.
Main goals besides what we've already done in Twenty Ten:
- To be different from Twenty Ten, aesthetically.
- Is a good showcase of WP's headline features.
- Clean, fast to load, and with best-practice markup.
Nice to have, but optional, improvements:
- Ability to have random rotating headers. (Core improvement to custom header functionality, see #17240.)
- Color and layout options.
- More post formats. (Currently supports Asides, Links, and Galleries.)
- CMS-style slider home page option.
Some people will prefer the design of Twenty Ten, which is still excellent, over Twenty Eleven, but that's okay. We'll have something new next year.