Author role should be able to make/edit pages (a.k.a. let's get with the times)
|Reported by:||jane||Owned by:|
More and more sites are using WordPress to run the whole site, not just a blog. Pages are quickly eclipsing blog posts as the default content type, and we should start moving to address this. Currently authors have no rights to pages. Someone with higher rights can set the author as someone with the author role, but the author can't actually get to it. This is super lame, because the "just create and manage your own stuff" role doesn't apply to a major form of content.
I understand this will have implications re backwards compatibility, but we've talked about revisiting the roles system at some point, so I wanted this ticket to be on record. We have to make roles more reasonable for CMS use.
Change History (20)
comment:6 follow-up: ↓ 8 @johnbillion — 2 weeks ago
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:9 @johnbillion — 2 weeks ago
- Keywords needs-patch needs-unit-tests added; dev-feedback removed
- Milestone set to Awaiting Review