Use native gettext library when available
|Reported by:||linushoppe||Owned by:|
|Component:||I18N||Keywords:||early has-patch needs-refresh|
Here you say that the GNU gettext-Framework is used. Exactly, "pomo" (file: wp-includes/l10n.php) is a complete own php-implementation of the gettext-program.
I've added a patch to solve this problem. Maybe it is not very good, but it works. On my wordpress-sites, the used php-memory returns from about 65% to about 12% and the site is running much faster when patching wp-includes/l10n.php.
I know that gettext is not available on every wordpress-installation, but when it's available, it should be used.
Sorry for my bad english, I'm german.
Change History (67)
comment:16 @ocean90 — 4 years ago
- Cc ocean90 added
- Component changed from General to I18N
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
comment:19 @scribu — 4 years ago
- Summary changed from Using pomo for translations is very inefficient to Use native gettext library when available
comment:21 @scribu — 4 years ago
- Keywords early added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
comment:53 @nacin — 21 months ago
- Component changed from Performance to I18N
- Focuses performance added