WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#17347 closed defect (bug) (fixed)

WP autolink problem on wpdevel

Reported by: Denis-de-Bernardy Owned by: sivel
Milestone: WordPress.org Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version:
Component: WordPress.org site Keywords:
Focuses: Cc:

Description (last modified by sivel)

As seen here:

http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/dev-chat-summary-may-4-2011/#comment-18781

The ticket number provided within the parentheses was not auto linked to trac.

Attachments (2)

trac-links.php (1.2 KB) - added by sivel 3 years ago.
trac-links.1.0.2.php (1.2 KB) - added by sivel 3 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (15)

comment:1 Denis-de-Bernardy3 years ago

  • Component changed from General to WordPress.org site

comment:2 scribu3 years ago

  • Summary changed from WP autolink problem on wordpress.com to WP autolink problem on wpdevel

comment:3 sivel3 years ago

  • Owner set to sivel
  • Status changed from new to accepted

I'll take this. I have the plugin that is in use on wpdevel for doing this. If I can't get to it, or need help, I'll post the plugin here to get it fixed.

comment:4 follow-up: Denis-de-Bernardy3 years ago

Is the plugin downloadable anywhere?

comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 sivel3 years ago

Replying to Denis-de-Bernardy:

Is the plugin downloadable anywhere?

As of this moment it is not.

comment:6 sivel3 years ago

  • Description modified (diff)

sivel3 years ago

comment:7 sivel3 years ago

Updated regex, passes all of my tests. Needs deployed to wpdevel.

comment:8 Viper007Bond3 years ago

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from accepted to closed

Committed and deployed.

comment:9 Viper007Bond3 years ago

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

And reverted. It's linking HTML entities and needs more testing it seems. :)

comment:10 Viper007Bond3 years ago

I opened a ticket for the out of date browser nag (#17323).  There's a patch there, but you can't test it since the API it's supposed to work with doesn't exist yet.

becomes

I opened a ticket for the out of date browser nag (<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17323">#17323</a>).  There&<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8217">#8217</a>;s a patch there, but you can&<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8217">#8217</a>;t test it since the API it&<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8217">#8217</a>;s supposed to work with doesn&<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8217">#8217</a>;t exist yet.
Version 0, edited 3 years ago by Viper007Bond (next)

comment:11 sivel3 years ago

I'll update the regexes to include a negative look behind later.

sivel3 years ago

comment:12 sivel3 years ago

Sorry, I don't have this in version control so I cannot submit updates as patches as easily. Anyway, probably easier to post the whole thing anyway for the time being.

New version just does a negative look behind for the '&' symbol as well as 'amp;' and '38;'

I'm sure there are hundreds of other variations that could just cause more issues, but this should resolve the issues that you were seeing.

Last edited 3 years ago by nacin (previous) (diff)

comment:13 Viper007Bond3 years ago

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

Tested (I forgot this step last time :P), committed, and deployed. :)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.