WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#17347 closed defect (bug) (fixed)

WP autolink problem on wpdevel

Reported by: Denis-de-Bernardy Owned by: sivel
Milestone: WordPress.org Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version:
Component: WordPress.org site Keywords:
Focuses: Cc:

Description (last modified by sivel)

As seen here:

http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/dev-chat-summary-may-4-2011/#comment-18781

The ticket number provided within the parentheses was not auto linked to trac.

Attachments (2)

trac-links.php (1.2 KB) - added by sivel 4 years ago.
trac-links.1.0.2.php (1.2 KB) - added by sivel 4 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (15)

comment:1 @Denis-de-Bernardy4 years ago

  • Component changed from General to WordPress.org site

comment:2 @scribu4 years ago

  • Summary changed from WP autolink problem on wordpress.com to WP autolink problem on wpdevel

comment:3 @sivel4 years ago

  • Owner set to sivel
  • Status changed from new to accepted

I'll take this. I have the plugin that is in use on wpdevel for doing this. If I can't get to it, or need help, I'll post the plugin here to get it fixed.

comment:4 follow-up: @Denis-de-Bernardy4 years ago

Is the plugin downloadable anywhere?

comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 @sivel4 years ago

Replying to Denis-de-Bernardy:

Is the plugin downloadable anywhere?

As of this moment it is not.

comment:6 @sivel4 years ago

  • Description modified (diff)

@sivel4 years ago

comment:7 @sivel4 years ago

Updated regex, passes all of my tests. Needs deployed to wpdevel.

comment:8 @Viper007Bond4 years ago

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from accepted to closed

Committed and deployed.

comment:9 @Viper007Bond4 years ago

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

And reverted. It's linking HTML entities and needs more testing it seems. :)

comment:10 @Viper007Bond4 years ago

The raw text:

I opened a ticket for the out of date browser nag (#17323).  There's a patch there, but you can't test it since the API it's supposed to work with doesn't exist yet.

That becomes this due to wptexturize and such:

I opened a ticket for the out of date browser nag (#17323).  There’s a patch there, but you can’t test it since the API it’s supposed to work with doesn’t exist yet.

The plugin is then turning those HTML entities into Trac links:

I opened a ticket for the out of date browser nag (<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17323">#17323</a>).  There&<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8217">#8217</a>;s a patch there, but you can&<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8217">#8217</a>;t test it since the API it&<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8217">#8217</a>;s supposed to work with doesn&<a href="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8217">#8217</a>;t exist yet.

This is why it required spaces, heh.

Last edited 4 years ago by Viper007Bond (previous) (diff)

comment:11 @sivel4 years ago

I'll update the regexes to include a negative look behind later.

@sivel4 years ago

comment:12 @sivel4 years ago

Sorry, I don't have this in version control so I cannot submit updates as patches as easily. Anyway, probably easier to post the whole thing anyway for the time being.

New version just does a negative look behind for the '&' symbol as well as 'amp;' and '38;'

I'm sure there are hundreds of other variations that could just cause more issues, but this should resolve the issues that you were seeing.

And 1.0.2.2.php and 1.0.2.php are the same, had some PEBCAC issues.

Version 0, edited 4 years ago by sivel (next)

comment:13 @Viper007Bond4 years ago

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

Tested (I forgot this step last time :P), committed, and deployed. :)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.