Inconsistency in allowed site addresses
|Reported by:||johnbillion||Owned by:|
|Component:||Networks and Sites||Keywords:||needs-patch dev-feedback|
The rules for allowed characters in a site address differ between when you add a new site and when you edit an existing site.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to Network Admin -> Sites -> Add New
- Enter foo.bar as the site address and hit save. The address will be rejected as containing invalid characters.
- Edit an existing site instead, and enter foo.bar.yourdomain.com as the domain. The address will be accepted just fine.
Having written that out, maybe this isn't a valid bug because when adding a site you're entering the site address, but when you're editing a site you're editing the complete domain name. Hmm. I'll open it anyway and see what people think.
My core issue is that I'd like to be able to add sites that use fourth-level subdomains (eg foo.bar.baz.com when the main site is at baz.com). Currently I have to enter a different site address then go in and edit it to the desired domain.
Change History (19)
3 years ago
- Severity changed from minor to normal
2 years ago
- Component changed from Multisite to Networks and Sites
- Focuses multisite added
21 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.1