Add 'register_post_type_args' hook
|Reported by:||mikeschinkel||Owned by:|
|Component:||Posts, Post Types||Keywords:||has-patch commit|
I have two different use cases where I ideally would be able to hook the register_post_type() function:
- To add custom attributes and custom 'supports' values; current hooks don't allow adding support at the right time to be fully robust.
- To disable the default rewrite logic in order to support customized rewrite logic passed as custom attributes.
I've attached a patch that adds 'pre_register_post_type' and 'register_post_type' hooks to register_post_type().
Change History (48)
comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 @mikeschinkel — 4 years ago
comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 6 ; follow-up: ↓ 9 @mikeschinkel — 3 years ago
- Summary changed from Add register_post_type and pre_register_post_type hooks to Add 'register_post_type_args' hook
comment:22 follow-up: ↓ 24 @nickciske — 19 months ago
comment:25 @MikeSchinkel — 19 months ago
comment:35 @swissspidy — 2 days ago
- Keywords dev-feedback needs-docs needs-refresh removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.4
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.