root-relative links should be converted to absolute in rss feeds
|Reported by:||digitalgimpus||Owned by:||markjaquith|
currently bloggers may use relative links to link to a past post, or some other page in their site:
that is invalid in a feed, as all URI's need to be absolute (for rather obvious reasons).
The correct fix would be to find relative links in a post, and convert them to absolute.
This is important where full-text feeds are provided, as the links break. Some tools automatically assume and fix it, but some do not. feedvalidator.org says it's bad.
Change History (9)
comment:1 @markjaquith — 9 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone set to 2.2
- Owner changed from anonymous to markjaquith
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from Template to General
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Severity changed from normal to major
comment:5 in reply to: ↑ description @foolswisdom — 8 years ago
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Severity changed from major to normal
comment:7 @pishmishy — 7 years ago
- Summary changed from relative links should be converted to absolute in rss feeds to root-relative links should be converted to absolute in rss feeds
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from assigned to closed