get_media_item(): add filter to better control "buttons" in media upload and make more performant if buttons are already set
|Reported by:||mitchoyoshitaka||Owned by:||mitchoyoshitaka|
Two issues in get_media_item():
- There's no good, clean way to modify the "buttons" (things which get stored lumped together in $form_fieldsbuttons?) in the Media Upload, except for the "delete" and "send" (aka "insert into post") which can be controlled via the 'get_media_item_args'. Add a filter for that.
- Right now we construct the HTML snippets for different buttons, as $send, $delete, and $thumbnail... and then checking whether $form_fieldsbuttons? is already set or not, and then only using them if it's not already set. If a plugin already pre-specifies the buttons HTML, this computation is completely wasteful. Move this conditional earlier.
- (Terribly minor:) If any of these buttons aren't actually used, <td class='savesend'/> is produced with extra whitespace in it. This is a reflection of the poor design of the code which prints this HTML.
Change History (3)
comment:1 coffee2code — 2 years ago
- Keywords needs-refresh added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Version set to 3.1.3
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.