Wrapping Sections with add_settings_section
|Reported by:||griffinjt||Owned by:|
|Component:||Administration||Keywords:||has-patch dev-feedback needs-refresh|
This is my first time reporting, so excuse my ignorance. I just wanted to see about enhancing the add_settings_section function.
As of now, individual sections are not wrapper in any sort of container, which makes no sense to semantic sense to me. Sections should/need to be styled differently, but as of now, you really don't have much control of that.
I propose something similar to the register_sidebar function, looking like this:
add_settings_section( $id, $title, $callback, $page, $args )
$args would accept 3 parameters: before_section, after_section, and section_class.
This way you can style each individual section with relative ease. Just a thought and enhancement to the Settings API.
Change History (20)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Keywords needs-patch 3.3-early added; ui-feedback removed
- Milestone set to Future Release
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed