DFW improperly increasing TinyMCE iframe body height on WebKit browsers w/ zoom !=100%
|Reported by:||zekeweeks||Owned by:||azaozz|
When entering DFW from a WebKit browser with zoom set to something other than 100%, the MCE iframe's <body> element increases its height with some wildly exaggerated math. With zoom set to 120%, a post with containing, "Don't forget to bring a towel!" increases the iframe <body> - and thus its container and the overall page vertical scroll - to 85,058px height.
Steps to reproduce:
- Launch Chrome/Safari
- Set browser zoom to something higher than 100%.
- Edit a new/existing post with DFW enabled and write just a sentence or so worth of characters. Note that the TinyMCE body and entire page height will increase with some disproportionate math as you add each character.
- Change your browser zoom to something lower than 100% and note that the same thing occurs until you've hit the TinyMCE container's minimum height.
Suspected issue: The math auto-adjusting TinyMCE body/container height as character increases conflicts with WebKit's zooming metrics.
- wordpress.com as of this filing
- Chrome 12 (Mac, Windows)
- Safari 5 (Mac)
- Doesn't occur on Firefox/IE.
Change History (6)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.2
- Owner set to azaozz
- Status changed from new to reviewing