Use browser default "sans-serif" instead of Arial or Helvetica.
|Reported by:||iammattthomas||Owned by:||ryan|
|Component:||Graphic Design||Keywords:||ui-feedback ux-feedback|
I've seen a few suggestions that, rather than forcing Arial upon Mac users or Helvetica upon Windows users, we should just specify "sans-serif" as the font family for the dashboard and use the browser default. Mac users would get Helvetica, Windows users get Arial. People who bother to set their browser default font get whatever they want. This seems fair and reasonable, and I like the added side effect of Mac users seeing Helvetica.
Instead of Bitstream Vera Sans, Linux users would probably see Deja Vu as the browser default, which looks less like what Windows and Mac users will see. Not sure how they'd feel about that.
At any rate, this patch is submitted for your consideration.
Change History (21)
5 years ago
- Keywords ui-feedback ux-feedback added; has-patch removed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Severity changed from minor to normal
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version changed from 3.2 to 3.3
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Version changed from 3.3 to 3.2