Twenty Eleven: display featured images on pages even if they are too small for header
|Reported by:||murky||Owned by:|
|Component:||Bundled Theme||Keywords:||has-patch close|
With twentyeleven, if there is a featured image, it takes the place of the header.... if it's big enough.
A smaller featured image is, as far as I can see, ignored. This caused much consternation due to the conflict with twentyeleven using featured images, but not having them appear.
There should be code which says 'if featured image is big enough, use it on the single page header' (as now)
BUT ALSO: 'If the image is SMALLER than this, use it as a featured image on summary pages'
Ideally: If the top post on a summary page has a featured image big enough to use in the header, use it there, too.
Change History (10)
- Keywords has-patch 3.4-early added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
3 years ago
- Component changed from Themes to Bundled Theme
- Keywords needs-refresh added; 3.4-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.6
3 years ago
- Keywords 2nd-opinion added
- Summary changed from TwentyEleven - meeting expectations for featured images to Twenty Eleven: display featured images on pages even if they are too small for header