Random words smush together using built in past button for word w upgrade to WP 3.2.1
|Reported by:||claudiahchristian||Owned by:|
After upgrading to WordPress 3.2.1, I started to have words jam together when I imported from Word 2003 using the built in paste button for Word. I haven't had this problem for the last 3 years that I've been writing Denver Cereal. It started with the upgrade. It seems to be both random and specific
“I’ll talk toAden,”Sandysaid. “But I don’t see why not.”
The conversion specifically doesn't seem to like the word 'Sandy' or any other capitalized S. It doesn't do it every time her name comes up. Outside of the word 'Sandy,'the word smushing appears random: brownLaboradorpuppy was the one I fixed this morning.
Given the depth of this program, I realize this seems like a small error. However I write serial fiction and publish via the WordPress blogs. I frequently post over 10,000 words from word to various sites a week. All of my updated blogs are having this issue.The error is an enormous problem for me. I host at DreamHost which is a Wordpress friendly host.
I've unsuccessfully tried:
- Disabling all to the plugins.
- Activating the most updated Twenty Eleven theme
- Using a different browser (I use Chrome)
- Copying directly into the post
- Posting this to Wordpress Support Forums for ideas. Outside of 'copy to a text editor then into wp', there were no real suggestions.
The only thing that appeared to work was posting on to my publisher's blog before it had been updated to 3.2.1.
Again, this is a total nightmare for me. I've been using WP since around 2004 and never had this kind of sorrow. Please help!
Thanks for your help!
Claudia Hall Christian
Change History (14)
- Component changed from Editor to TinyMCE
- Severity changed from critical to normal