Activating a new theme on multisite is very long-winded
|Reported by:||johnbillion||Owned by:||PeteMall|
I've just uploaded a new theme to my theme directory and I now want to activate it on a site. I head to the Appearance › Themes menu for that site and, whoops, I forgot to activate it on the network first. Now I need to:
- Click my name in the header
- Click Network Admin in the dropdown menu
- Click Sites
- Find the site and click Edit
- Click Themes
From there I can enable the theme.
We're not done yet though. We need to traverse a minimum of two screens to get back to the Themes menu of the site (even more if the admin bar isn't enabled) in order to activate it.
Two things would make this process easier:
- A link from the Themes screen to the Themes tab of the site in network admin, so five clicks become one.
- The ability to activate a theme from the Themes tab of the site in network admin.
Change History (25)
comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 2 johnbillion — 3 years ago
- Component changed from Multisite to Network Admin
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.3
- Owner set to PeteMall
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Version set to 3.1
- Keywords needs-ui added; ux-feedback ui-feedback removed