Support HTML in image captions.
|Reported by:||prettyboymp||Owned by:||sushkov|
|Milestone:||3.4||Priority:||highest omg bbq|
Description (last modified by azaozz)
The ability to add any HTML formatting to text in captions is very limited.
- HTML markup can be added from the HTML editor as long as you don't switch to the visual editor and the markup does not contain any quotes.
- Currently the visual editor removes any HTML tags from captions.
- Handle HTML in the caption text escaping/encoding it to pass through the shortcode matching regex.
- Provide some way of adding HTML in the captions in the gallery -> image properties. (This may be limited to links only as they seem most needed).
- Improve editing of caption text in the visual editor after inserting an image with caption or add third "popup button" to images that would add/remove captions directly without needing to open the uploader/gallery popup.
Change History (104)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
comment:13 in reply to: ↑ 12 ; follow-up: ↓ 15 @DrewAPicture — 4 years ago
- Cc xoodrew@… added
comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 14 @azaozz — 4 years ago
- Component changed from TinyMCE to General
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.4
- Owner set to sushkov
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from Caption shortcode doesn't support markup in the caption. to Support HTML in image captions.
- Type changed from enhancement to task (blessed)
comment:17 @DrewAPicture — 4 years ago
- Keywords ux-feedback added
comment:23 follow-up: ↓ 25 @sushkov — 4 years ago
comment:28 in reply to: ↑ 26 ; follow-up: ↓ 29 @jeremyclarke — 3 years ago
comment:29 in reply to: ↑ 28 @sushkov — 3 years ago
- Component changed from General to Editor
comment:41 in reply to: ↑ 38 @azaozz — 3 years ago
comment:68 in reply to: ↑ 67 @azaozz — 3 years ago
comment:75 @aaroncampbell — 3 years ago
- Keywords ux-feedback has-patch removed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:80 @nacin — 3 years ago
- Priority changed from normal to highest omg bbq
- Severity changed from normal to blocker
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.