Clarifying what "Private" means in post visibility
|Reported by:||danielbachhuber||Owned by:||wonderboymusic|
When choosing visibility for a single post, “Private” doesn’t make much sense as a label and requires extra explanation as to whom the post will be private to.
Context: At the Newbie Workshop during WCSF 2011, we had to talk brand new users through the myriad of features offered in WordPress. "Private" as a post visibility required extra explanation and even I realized I didn't know what it did.
"Private" should be replaced with text like "Private to blog editors and administrators"
Change History (26)
- Component changed from General to UI
- Component changed from UI to Text Changes
- Keywords ui-focus added; ux-feedback removed
14 months ago
- Keywords needs-refresh added
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.4
- Owner changed from danielbachhuber to chriscct7
- Severity changed from minor to normal
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Keywords needs-screenshots added