Redirect to About WordPress page after upgrade
|Reported by:||sparkweb||Owned by:||nacin|
When the plugins and themes are upgraded, there's a helpful menu option to "Go To WordPress Updates Page". This is a very useful link as it allows me to get back to the updates page easily. The core upgrade, though, doesn't have such a link (only Go To Dashboard). I often update a site and it's a two (or three) step process, updating core, plugins, and themes. It would be helpful if the updates link appeared on core updates as well.
Proposed Code Change, wp-admin/update-core.php, line 65.
show_message( '<a href="' . esc_url( self_admin_url() ) . '">' . __('Go to Dashboard') . '</a> ' );
show_message( '<a href="' . esc_url( self_admin_url() ) . '">' . __('Go to Dashboard') . '</a> | <a href="' . self_admin_url('update-core.php') . '" title="' . esc_attr__('Go to WordPress Updates page') . '" target="_parent">' . __('Return to WordPress Updates') . '</a>' );
Link copied from wp-admin/includes/class-wp-upgrader.php line 1202
Change History (52)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.3
- Type changed from enhancement to task (blessed)
- Summary changed from Standardize Language on Core Update to Redirect to About WordPress page after upgrade
- Owner changed from ocean90 to nacin
- Status changed from assigned to accepted
- Cc info@… added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened