Nav menus need more hooks for extensibility (on admin page & in customizer)
|Reported by:||Viper007Bond||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by westonruter)
I'm trying to add some additional fields to the nav menu blocks but sadly there are no hooks for doing so. Zero.
We should add some and get in a better habit of just doing so when the code is written.
My specific suggestions are before the Remove/Cancel links (i.e. for adding standard stuff), one above the "original" field, and one after those action links (to add more actions).
We need to account for both extending the menus admin page and menus in the customizer.
Change History (52)
comment:9 @DrewAPicture — 3 years ago
- Keywords 3.6-menus added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.6
comment:47 @westonruter — 2 weeks ago
- Component changed from Menus to Customize
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch needs-testing 3.9-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.4
- Priority changed from low to normal
- Severity changed from minor to normal
comment:48 @westonruter — 2 weeks ago
- Summary changed from Nav menu UI needs more hooks to Nav menus need more hooks for extensibility (on admin page & in customizer)