|Reported by:||sirzooro||Owned by:|
|Component:||Posts, Post Types||Keywords:||needs-patch|
I have created enhancement for wp_insert_post() function. There re two changes:
- allows to return WP_Error from wp_insert_post_data - in this case function returns that value (or 0 if param $wp_error == false) and do not continue;
- filter categories, tags and other taxonomies through new filters: wp_insert_post_category, wp_insert_post_tags and wp_insert_post_tax. New code also checks if these filters returned WP_Error;
These changes will allow me to implement following features in my WyPiekacz plugin:
- do not create new post when it does not satisfy appropriate rules. Although WP code will not display that error by itself (#10480, #18266), I will be able to display appropriate error from plugin code (at least when normal editor was used). This will also help me to stop flood of automated post spam;
- allow to review tags attached to post submitted for review - this way tags will be actually created when post will be published; before this they will be stored as post metadata. In order to do this I need to modify tags - unfortunately wp_insert_post_data filter does not allow to modify them (it allows read-only access to them only).
Change History (9)
5 years ago
- Cc mikeschinkel@… added
- Keywords dev-feedback added
2 years ago
- Component changed from General to Posts, Post Types
- Keywords close reporter-feedback added
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.