Draft posts without title and content disappear from posts table
|Reported by:||metai||Owned by:|
Reproduced this bug both on a clean WP 3.2.1 install and today's (2011-10-06) nightly ("WordPress 3.3-aortic-dissection"), completely empty theme, no plugins installed or activated.
- empty theme (this is a backend bug)
- functions.php only contains the definition of a custom post type copied verbatim from the example at http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types#Custom_Types
- create new "product"
- neither fill in the title nor the content
- click "Publish"
WP will annouce "Post published". The status will remain "draft". The post will not show up in the "products" table, and not in the drafts filter. It is, by common user means, not reachable anymore.
When going back to the edit screen and moving the post to trash, it will show up in the "trash" filter, titled "Auto-Draft". Also, if content is filled into the editor, it will show up in the table with "(no title)".
(I'm setting this to "major" severity because I've had several customers create inaccessible entries this way. I only found out because they uploaded images to these entries, and the elusive post was linked under "attached to" from the media table. Also, I think it's a UI error, so I'm assigning it to the "UI" component.)
Change History (7)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from Empty posts of custom post type do not appear in posts table to Draft posts without title and content disappear from posts table