Publish by email stuck in Pending status
|Reported by:||bloggertype||Owned by:||nacin|
|Component:||Blog by Email||Keywords:||has-patch needs-testing commit|
This seems to be an ongoing issue faced by people for publishing posts by email.
- Wordpress.org 3.2.1
- Thunderbird 7.1 email client; publish messages sent in text mode, with word wrap off
1) User from which posts sent is registered as Editor or Admin in Wordpress site.
2) Theme footer modified to include automatic checking for incoming messages
3) Email account is setup in mail client that matches the Admin/Editor email in Wordpress
4) Message to post is sent to the secret address by user
1) Wordpress gets the message, but message is stuck in Pending status. This happens for all messages sent by user from email client.
2) This happens if user is Admin or Editor, doesn't make difference.
Note: I use Google Apps as the email server for both the From: mail and the secret address mail. If I use the Google webmail interface to send (again from the From address to the To address) rather than a mail client, it does not get stuck in Pending and gets published by Wordpress properly (although with formatting problems, but that is a separate issue). So issue occurs only from any email client (Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.)
Modify the wp-mail.php file so that it disables the email account check. The Pending line is changed to Publish if it fails the check in the wp-mail.php file.
This works and posts do get published, but no longer verifies the user's permission for publishing to the blog.
I don't know if the problem originates in the wp-mail.php file itself or some dependency (am not a php developer)
Related Support Forum post:
This seems to be an issue people have been having for previous versions.
I am surprised that I have not found a bug already filed on this (or maybe I missed it).
Change History (10)
comment:2 in reply to: ↑ description @bloggertype — 3 years ago
comment:3 @solarissmoke — 3 years ago
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; reporter-feedback removed