Welcome Panel should be displayed for the first administrator
|Reported by:||nacin||Owned by:||nacin|
Description (last modified by nacin)
The Welcome Panel should be shown in two situations:
- A new install.
- A new site in a network, where:
- the user hasn't seen it before for another site, and
- is not a super admin.
Attached patch implements this as a new usermeta key. It's also possible to implement this as a blog option which stores the user ID who needs to see it before clearing it, which would keep usermeta bloat down, but we wouldn't be able to patch 2a. As it piggybacks on the same usermeta key for toggling the panel from Screen Options, the implementation is very straightforward.
The code is in wpmu_create_blog() (non-empty blog) and wp_install(). It probably makes more sense in wp_install_defaults(). There's a separate bug fix here as well (note the $user_id passed to is_super_admin()).
Change History (16)
comment:7 @sam_benne — 3 years ago
- Cc sam_benne added
- Severity changed from normal to minor
- Type changed from task (blessed) to feature request
- Version set to 3.3
comment:8 follow-up: ↓ 9 @SergeyBiryukov — 3 years ago
- Severity changed from minor to normal
- Type changed from feature request to task (blessed)
comment:10 @nacin — 3 years ago
- Owner set to nacin
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Status changed from new to accepted