Erroneous custom taxonomy screen menu behaviour
|Reported by:||johnbillion||Owned by:||johnbillion|
I don't think this could get any more edge case and it's of trivial severity, but I thought I'd report it for completeness' sake.
If a user has the ability to manage terms on a post type, but not the ability to edit posts of that post type, and the post type has more than one taxonomy, then the post type menu doesn't expand as expected when viewing one of the term management screens for that post type.
Steps to reproduce:
- Register a custom post type that uses its own capability mapping (resulting in edit_foos etc).
- Register at least two custom taxonomies for this post type, with or without its own capability mapping.
- Give a user (or role) the ability to manage the taxonomy terms but not the ability to edit posts of the post type.
When viewing one of the term management screens for the given post type, the menu doesn't expand as expected (although the new 3.3 fly-outs do show).
Change History (10)
3 years ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Owner set to johnbillion
- Status changed from new to reviewing