WP_Screen::get tramples screen ids
|Reported by:||batmoo||Owned by:||nacin|
There are several instances where get_current_screen() / WP_Screen::get are trampling the screen id, which breaks things like meta boxes.
Here's some that I've noticed:
- if your post_type slug contains "-new" (e.g. "breaking-news") or "-add"
- if your plugin page name contains hyphens with a post type or taxonomy slug after the first hyphen (e.g. "my-page")
In the example of "breaking-news", the screen id gets changed to "breakings", which causes the "Publish" meta box to disappear.
There are likely others.
Change History (15)
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.3
- Owner set to nacin
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Status changed from new to accepted