Uploader uses wrong path when inserting images
|Reported by:||ryanmurphy||Owned by:|
I recently had someone whose WordPress install I take care of tell me that when they went to upload images, they weren't being shown. At the time, she was using a svn copy that hadn't been svn up'd in a few weeks. I noticed that the uploads were being stored in the right location, but the uploader was using the default wp-content/uploads location when it inserted it into the post, causing the images to not show up.
I just confirmed that this still exists in r19456. It happens with all plugins deactivated and on the default theme.
- On the options-media.php, change the upload path to something of your choosing. For mine, I chose /usr/home/user/domains/my-domain.com/public_html/wp-content/my-uploads/
- If needed, created the folder and adjust permissions.
- Create a new page/post, upload an image, and insert it into the post. Take note of the address, it should be wrong according to the newly set upload path.
- On the server, check the new location, as well as wp-content/uploads. The file will be in the new location (as expected), and not in wp-content/uploads.
Change History (9)
3 years ago
- Keywords needs-refresh removed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed