Please provide option to disable wptexturize entirely
|Reported by:||jwz||Owned by:||DrewAPicture|
|Component:||Formatting||Keywords:||has-patch wptexturize 4.0-early needs-docs|
I assume this is controversial, but I want wptexturize to *always* be a no-op. I know I'm not alone on this. There exists a 3rd-party "wpuntexturize" plugin, but it is insufficient; even using that plugin, I keep running in to places where texturization is happening anyway.
Rather than making us play whack-a-mole with all the places it gets turned back on, can't we please just have a checkbox to disable it globally?
Alternately, if you would make wptexturize be a pluggable function, I could just re-define it.
As it is, with each new release, I am forced to modify the source to add "return $text" as the first line of the function.
Change History (43)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
- Cc info@… added
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Milestone set to Awaiting Review
- Type changed from feature request to enhancement
3 years ago
- Owner set to DrewAPicture
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed