"Add Media" link directs to error page after permanently deleting a media item
|Reported by:||Jordi-Fun||Owned by:|
After deleting a media item permanently and try to directly add a new one via the 'title-menu-link' (the button-link near the "Media" title in the admin screen) will result in a death link ("Invalid post type").
Follow these steps to reproduce the death link(s):
If you have no unattachted media in your library, first do this:
- Media > Add New
- From the 'title' menu "Add New" (Button near "Media Library" at the top)
- Add a random image/file and press "Save changes"
- You'll get redirected back to the overview of all your media.
If you already have one or more unattached media items in the library:
- Click on the "Delete Permanently" link of the file you just uploaded (the unattached file) (and press oke in the alert dialog)
- This is where something goes wrong: You'r now redirected to the edit.php page where you can read: "Item permanently deleted.". Now click again on the "Add New" link in the title-menu near the title "Media"
- You're now redirected to an invalid page: "Invalid post type".
Change History (11)
5 years ago
- Keywords has-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.4
3 years ago
- Summary changed from Death "Add Media" link after permanently deleting media items. to "Add Media" link directs to error page after permanently deleting a media item
3 years ago
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed