Trim Leading and Trailing White Space in a Post Title
|Reported by:||greenspeakmedia||Owned by:|
|Component:||Posts, Post Types||Keywords:||has-patch|
In working with clients today I realized that they were copying and pasting post titles but including a leading space in it by accident. Because of this the orderby feature of the query wasn't appearing to work. Turns out it was but the spaces where all correct so it was messing with the query.
I think it would make sense that on a title field of a post/ page that any leading whitespaces and any trailing white spaces should be trimmed off.
Change History (9)
2 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Component changed from General to Posts, Post Types
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.1
- Type changed from feature request to enhancement