Appearance Improvements: An Overview
|Reported by:||koopersmith||Owned by:||koopersmith|
Description (last modified by aaroncampbell)
The main target for the 3.4 appearance improvements will create a UI that allows users to simultaneously customize and preview their theme. Our initial target will be the theme switching process (in an a la carte fashion), which will then hopefully expand to more uses in the WordPress admin.
I'll update this ticket periodically with additional details. We'll have several teams working on different portions of the project simutaneously. See this post for more details on the 3.4 teams.
The customization UI will be built in several phases:
- #19910: Build theme customization frame – koopersmith and ocean90
- This consists of a UI that can communicate with and refresh a preview of any theme.
- Add additional components to the frame (likely in this order)
- Custom background.
- Custom header.
- Menu locations.
- Widget locations.
- Create configure/activate workflow within the frame
Other Appearance Improvements
- Custom headers – aaroncampbell and sabreuse
- Improved theme browser – DH-Shredder and helenyhou
- #19912: Widget locations API.
- General menu UI improvements.
- General widget UI improvements.
Change History (15)
5 years ago
- Description modified (diff)
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Summary changed from Project Gandalf: An Overview to Appearance Improvements: An Overview