Appearance Improvements: Theme Customization Frame
|Reported by:||koopersmith||Owned by:||koopersmith|
For context, see the appearance umbrella ticket: #19909
Building a frame to house the customization UI and theme preview is the first step to improving the theme customization process. This will be the first iteration for my team (myself and ocean90). Once the frame is in place, we'll add components to the UI one by one (e.g. custom headers, backgrounds, etc).
- Add an iframe that can preview any theme (call this the target theme).
- Add a sidebar to house future UI.
- Temporarily activate the target theme when building the sidebar UI.
- Add an API to communicate with the iframe.
- Pass data to the iframe.
- Refresh the iframe (likely via post).
- Refresh the iframe's CSS (via postMessage).
- Add a temporary UI to demonstrate the API.
- Buttons that refresh and make trivial changes to the iframe.
- Add a save action (that, by default, will do nothing).
Change History (235)
4 years ago
- Summary changed from Project Gandalf: Theme Customization Frame to Appearance Improvements: Theme Customization Frame
in reply to:
4 years ago
- Keywords dev-feedback reporter-feedback needs-docs added