Random 404 error on taxonomies
|Reported by:||retroriff||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by dd32)
as I explained in the forum, I have detected an strange error with taxonomies. They get a random 404 error when receiving lot of traffic. I have reinstalled a clean WP, removed all plugins, and assigned the WP default theme, but still getting the 404. I have done several tests and my conclusion is that it only happens with custom structure permalinks. For some reason, WP randomly doesn't understand the taxonomy URL and ir server a 404. This is what I get when it works well:
request] => blog/news/the-green-car [matched_rule] => blog/news/([^/]+)(/[0-9]+)?/?$ [matched_query] => fotos=the-green-car&page= [did_permalink] => 1
The same taxonomy page shows this when 404:
[request] => [matched_rule] => [matched_query] => [did_permalink] =>
Here some details:
- It never happens without traffic.
- It never happens with default permalinks.
- It never happens with post types, categories, pages or tags, only with taxonomies.
- It also happens with the default TwentyEleven Theme and with any plugin installed.
I'm very fustrated with this as every day I'm getting thousands of errors. Any suggestion will be apreciated.
Change History (8)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed