Deprecated Notices break the UI and produce white screen upon Theme activation (3.4-beta3-20634)
|Reported by:||emiluzelac||Owned by:|
This ticket was forked from http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20361#comment:20
- WP - (3.4-beta3-20634)
When I manually upload the Theme and activate in right away this message shows up:
- Notice: add_custom_background is deprecated since version 3.4! Use add_theme_support( 'custom-background', $args ) instead. in /wp-includes/functions.php on line 2705
- Notice: add_custom_image_header is deprecated since version 3.4! Use add_theme_support( 'custom-header', $args ) instead. in /wp-includes/functions.php on line 2705
Just to clear something first; the message isn't tied only to Twenty Eleven Theme used in this example, any Theme with deprecated functions will display.
Now, we're not talking about "standard" notice where this would show on top of the page (just below the admins menu) it breaks the WP completely and it creates a white screen with those two notices or more depending on deprecated functions and Themes.
I am using a fresh WP install and beta tester plugin.
Here's this too http://screencast.com/t/9ceNkTLqriMf
Change History (9)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed